SafeLink Wireless is the largest, oldest and best known of the companies that offer free cell phones through the government’s Lifeline Assistance program. Millions of needy Americans in 40 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico are already talking and texting on Safelink cell phones.
Those states are Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
SafeLink Wireless gives you the choice of enjoying free cell service on your own phone. Or you can apply to receive a new cell phone AND free service.
Do you qualify?
Are you eligible for a new Safelink Wireless phone number? Be aware that guidelines vary by state but you’ll probably qualify if you participate in a public assistance program such as any of the following:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor’s Benefit.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start (only those households meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
If you don’t receive any of these public assistance benefits, you may also qualify if your total household gross monthly income is low enough.
Contact Safelink Wireless:
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Contact information for all states other than California:
For Enrollment and Plan Changes Support: 1-800-Safelink (723-3546)
For Technical Support ONLY: 1-800-378-1684