Save the Date March 30, 2021. Free Webinar
SAVE THE DATE NOTICE
The Florida Certification Board with funding and approval from the Florida Department of Children and Families, Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health would like to invite you to a
FREE TRAINING WEBINAR!
Youth Suicide Prevention
PRESENTER: Dr. Mary Cwik is a Licensed Psychologist and an Associate Scientist at the Center for American Indian Health in the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. She has a joint appointment in Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Dr. Cwik has conducted research in suicide, substance use and trauma, focusing on preventing Native American mental health disparities for over a decade. Dr. Cwik’s research, in collaboration with the White Mountain Apache Tribe, has helped to identify unique risk factors impacting these disparities, the importance of protective factors including cultural identity, and promising interventions associated with a reduction in the Apache suicide rate. Dr. Cwik has also served as a consultant to SAMHSA on several guides and resources, including the one featured in this webinar.
DATE: March 30, 2021
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm (EST)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR: The purpose of this Webinar is to provide an overview of evidence-based treatment programs for suicide-related thoughts and behaviors among youth. It also provides guidance on selecting and implementing a chosen evidence-based program. This webinar will focus on the recently released guide series on “Treatment for Suicidal Ideation, Self-Harm, and Suicide Attempts Among Youth”.
This webinar will help the participants:
- Identify the leading evidence-based treatment programs for suicide-related thoughts and behaviors among youth.
- Understand the main areas of focus for each treatment and settings for implementation.
- Identify the main considerations when selecting and implementing an evidence-based treatment program and learn the eight steps of the ADAPIT-ITT model.
1.5 Continuing Education credits or contact/clock hours will be awarded for full participation in the webinar.
- Florida Certification Board Provider #5033-A, Exp. Date 12/31/2021
- Florida Board of Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #50-1836, Exp. Date 3/31/2023
- Florida Board of Nursing Provider #50-1836, Exp. Date 10/31/2021
- Florida Board of Psychology Provider #50-183, Exp. Date 5/31/2022
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This webinar is designed for behavioral health professionals and other individuals who work with or may play significant roles in the lives of adolescents and young adults.
HOW TO REGISTER: To register for this event, please click on the link or copy and paste into your browser: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2212771962490226956
Please read the following important messages before registering for this event:
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email message containing information about joining the webinar.
- FCB uses GoToWebinar for the online event system.
- Audio for the event is accessible via the internet. To receive audio, attendees must join the event by using computers equipped with speakers. There is no phone call-in number for this event.
- Once the host approves your registration, you will receive a confirmation email message with instructions on how to join the event.
- To avoid problems with log-in and receiving credit for attendance, please use the confirmation email to join the event.
- You must participate in the entire webinar in order to receive the maximum CEs.
- Please allow up to 30 days for your CE processing.